Thursday, September 28, 2017

Still waiting *sigh*

After more rain and the blocks turning back into mud I still haven't been able to get out the rotary hoe to dig up the beds for spring planting. I am hoping that a few more days will see everything firm enough to give it a go so I don't think I will be behind, not like last year when it was wet for much longer.

I should be able to get some of my cucurbits out soon at any rate as they seem to be able to cope with a bit of cold as long as there isn't frosts.


 Just to see what they are like I bought a chook run to cover with insect mesh to make hand pollinating easier. It was easy to put together, all I have to do now is get the mesh on.

If you are into DIY though, I think it would be cheaper and last longer to build one out of treated posts. Great for a backyarder though.

My poor oca are telling me that it is well and truely time to get planted out. I should be able to do that in a few days.

I am going to grow a lot of oca this year and do quite a bit of testing to see which ones do best in the open ground. I will also try to get more seed - I just hope the weather is good enough to get them to flower this season.















1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete